Join NEMT Today
NORTH EAST MOUNTAIN TRUST -
A Quality Future for Mountaineers and Hill-Walkers
The North East Mountain Trust is an association of climbers and hill
walkers in north east Scotland. It is a recognised charity whose main
aim is to conserve the environment of the hills of north east Scotland
for the benefit of the public wishing to take recreation there, both now
and in the future.
- The Trust resists inappropriate skiing development in sensitive areas,
particularly where it damages landscape quality, restricts access and
- We campaign for the protection of our native pine forests and support
action to control red deer populations which prevent their regeneration.
We encourage forestry management which is sensitive to Scotland's unique
landscape and wildlife heritage.
- Rights of Way
- The Trust works to preserve the network of paths and rights of way
and supports management measures which help limit footpath erosion.
- Bulldozed Tracks
- We are totally opposed to the proliferation of bulldozed hill tracks
so often a blight on the landscape and which contribute to the problems
of soil erosion. We favour enforcement of existing legislation which
limits the use of motorised vehicles in the hills.
- Sea Cliffs
- The North East sea cliffs are a valuable recreational amenity which
should not be despoiled by quarrying and dumping. The Trust aims to
ensure that access is unimpeded, especially to traditional climbing
Please let the webmaster know if there
are problems viewing these pages or with the links they contain.
Scottish Charity No SC 008783
Page last updated: